Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Time keeps on slipping (slipping) into the future

Yeah yeah, another day another dollar.
The world can be a very confusing place at times. From learning about who you are, to figuring out why you need to learn it in the first place. There really seems to be no rhyme nor reason for many things. We're just here on the planet and these are the things we do to keep ourselves busy until we go away. LOL Lord knows

'I had to tell him it was alright, that's a lie
and he knew it when he shook and died
My God'

You know, sometimes I think about life after death and 'what it all means' and I've figured something. While it is true that religion is by definition to explain or give meaning to that which is otherwise unknown, I sat back last night wondering what if it wasn't here.

I mean would there really be any fewer wars? Would man then, really embrace mankind and walk this earth in unity? I doubt it. I mean, it's in man's nature to find differences between himself and the next. That's what makes him 'special', 'unique'. And I think that's the same the world over. It may be exacerbated here in America because of our well documented misidentity, but even in the most historically connected cultures of the world, I doubt one would ever find no sense of uniqueness. But that's a tangent.

What I was thinking about last night was more along the lines of the afterlife. I can be quoted in the past of stating that I don't fully believe in a heaven and hell, but rather that they are both states of mind and entities which exist within each and every last one of us. As does God. So many people find so many faults within themselves that they have to project God outside of themselves in order praise him. To say that he lives within them, or that they are one with him would be both placing their sinful selves too high and simultaneously diluting His Grace too much.
Hmmmm....
So if this true, that there is no heaven and hell when we leave this place, what happens? Where do we go? For a long time, I was content with, Resting in Peace. You know, eternal sleep and being at peace with this world and all the pain I've witnessed it inflict. But there is not a lot of comfort in that honestly. Like what about my wife, is our time together limited to the time we share in this realm together? Why can't our spirits be forever united no matter what metareality has in store for us. If death was to take one of us and leave the other, I want to feel as if we will somehow be together again. The same respect is dued to parents who lose a teenager, or a teenager who loes a parent.

What do you think?

No comments: