Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Back like the spine of a good woman

What's the deal people. It seems like this little blog is coming around, people are actually starting to begin conversations from something they've read on here when I come around. That's a good thing too. The goal is for us to check this out on a regular basis, and while I know I haven't written something everyday, I can say that I've made a concentrated effort to update this as much as possible so far. Imma keep it moving too. I'm also done asking people to write or respond, because that's not happening either. So eventually, if I see that this just becomes my own little journal, I'll let it be just that. Everyone is still welcomed to read it, but I guess for the sake of closure I'll feel better knowing that my idea isn't being placed on the back burner. Anywho

What's good? Hey I was talking to my friend earlier today and we got into a conversation about the significance of dinosaurs.
"Did you say D-I-N-O-saurs???"
Yes, I said dinosaurs. I watch the Discovery channel all the time, and there's this one show that comes on during the weekend about the lives of dinosaurs. They usually focus on lesser known varients, and it's the special effects which actually caught my attention, but when I watched it this past weekend, it really made me go.......hmmmm........

Like okay, dinosaurs are a part of the whole evolution theory thing concept right. Well, it's pretty hard to say that they never existed you know with the bones and fossils and all. And while I don't know exactly what's used to figure out the specific eating habits of a creature which lived 10,000,000 years ago, I know that through science, many things are possible. I mean you can look at the structure of the teeth, and the brain cavity, and yada, yada yada to make a educated guess I would think. None of that really matters though, because like I said, it's pretty hard to say that none of that ever happened and some weirdo has been hiding in caves for the last 100 years creating bones and fantastic stories of yesteryear. But that's what got me. See when I thought of the dinosaurs, I wondered where they were in the bible. Like where did they come from? I don't remember anything about God creating creatures which were completely and totally untamable by Man and his jedi mind tricks. And if they were apart of the creatures which inhabited the earth which God gave Man dominion over, it would create a huge chasm in the time we currently associate the Old Testament with. I mean the time of Yeshu'a is like what 2,000 years ago? Dinosaurs were here, 25,000,000 years ago? That's a big, BIG difference.

I guess this would be more confusing or 'blasphamous' to the person who believes the bible is a literal, and all inclusive piece of work. And while to others who view the bible as more of an allegorical account of life's lessons teaching one the contrasts between and 'origins' of his divine nature vs one of pure animality which he also owns, this conversation probably would hold a lesser significance, though it still poses interesting thought all the same.

A good friend once told me that Man attributes the title of god to whatever he does not understand. When we don't know what makes the sun come up and go down, we say it's a god that's running across the sky with it. When we don't know what makes us fall in love, we say a baby with an arrow hits us with it. I mean the modern world is built upon the assumptions of zodiacs, mythologies and and various cases of very theo-un-logical thought. Science offers Man an understanding of these things, and we therefore no longer attribute them to some ambigous being. Science and the study thereof (I guess that's the literal definition of scientology which is another blog for another time) gives us a logical understanding of the world around us. That's what the theory of evolution (a very science based hypothesis) does for the world's history. It gives us a logical explanation of why we have 10 fingers and 10 toes, while some other creatures have fins. To say that evolution is a figment of man's creative imagination simply arrogant. And to throw away any notion of the earth existing before Adam and Eve is just not sensable.

1 comment:

Mustafa said...

Exactly man. Because history means one thing when you speak of 50 years ago, something else when it's 2000 years ago, and becomes a completely different subject when you talk about something happening 25,000,000 years ago. For all we know civilization may have evolved to where we are many times before but never quite pleased God so was eradicated.