Thursday, May 31, 2012

Judge Not Lest Ye Be So Judged


I would estimate that the same lie is being told, every minute of every waking hour somewhere in the States. The lie has been used so often and in so many different circles to represent everything from inclusion and complete indifference. More often than not, the perpetrator is looking to gain a sense of confidence or relay the feeling of an alliance through the guise of freedom of expression...
Who am I to judge anyone else? 
Many other times the individual is looking to justify their ways and do so through an air arrogance and staunch advocacy to individualism and self gratification.....
Who are you to judge me? 
Whenever you hear someone say this to you, listen to them closely...and recognize what this person may have to gain through your now “earned” trust. It is not wise for you to not use the intuition bestowed upon you by your Creator to help you decipher your environment. There are very few people in your life with whom you have built up enough trust and respect and understanding to where you no longer judge their actions or their motives or intentions. This is life. The stakes are high....extremely high. Those who don’t judge their environments usually die within them. Those who misjudge their environments, including the people within those environments, usually find themselves in unwanted and unnecessarily negative situations. We are supposed to judge....and regardless of what lie people tell you they are judging you as they say they aren’t. You do the same. 
So what are the none judgmental really asking for? 
Matthew Chapter 7 says:
    Judge not, that ye be not judged. 
    2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: 
    and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 

This is the scripture most Christians will point to when they go into their tangent of how no one has the right or audacity to judge another. That’s not how I interpret that passage. I interpret this passage to mean: The standards by which we as the human race hold one another accountable must be the same as the standards we are ourselves expected to uphold. No more of this, “Do as I say but not as I do” mentality. Do as I do. Help me become a better me by holding me accountable to that which I say. And in doing so, allow me to do the same for you.
Funny thing is, we all know this. Its intuitive. Instinctual even. Its a natural reaction for us to empathize with the spirits of one another. Society however, has bred a culture of subconscious dissociation. The thoughts we entertain and our actions are based on the pulling away from one another, not joining forces. That’s why you hear, “As long as it isn’t hurting anyone” so often. 
“So for me to judge you means that you would have the right to judge me.........
....no thanks. Let’s just be cool.”

2 comments:

lccurtis1 said...

First off judging folks is a way to understand them so everyone judges that regardless of what they say...Like I stated before its when judgement becomes mistreatment that bothers me.

Mustafa said...

You're right. We all judge and we all judge often. The problem is not applying the "Golden Rule". If you are going to have a standard by which we 'judge' people, it needs to be applied and manifest within ourselves first. Even then though, its tricky because you have to be careful to always allow another person to be themselves as well. I can't make you think like me, or act like me, or see things as I see things. We have different experiences. Instead, I have to recognize who you are based on what you give me of yourself. One I 'see' who you are, I have to then make the decision as to whether or not I will continue to deal with you. That's what keeping it real is. We don't all have to be friends and play ball together. Some people are better left on the other side of the street. No hate....no ill will....but no cohabitation either.